Fatema Nursing Institute has two modernized hostels for both Basic/Post Basic and Diploma students at Dhaka at merely minutes’ distance from the institute- Florence Nightingale Girls’ Hostel and Ashraf Monjil Hostel at Maghbazar, Dhaka. Among these, the Florence Nightingale Girls’ Hostel has 206 seats and Ashraf Monjil Hostel has 69 seats in total. Available seats in the hostels are allocated based on the fulfillment of requirements and are generally assigned on a first come first serve basis.
The hostels come with many perks and modern amenities such as-
• Quiet and safe ambiance
• Homely environment
• Comfortable and well-lit rooms
• 24-hour security and separate lockers in each room
• Common lounge with television and refrigerator
• Common kitchen and dining facilities
• Shared and separate toilets
• Power plugs next to beds
• Friendly staff
• Conveniently located to catch local transport
Rules for Hostel
• No students are allowed to leave the hostel without the permission of the hostel authority. For the safety of the students, they are not permitted to go outside the hall after 6:00 pm.
• It is prohibited to roam around the campus after the allotted time.
• In case of any serious illness, the hostel authority or the principal should be informed by the housekeeper immediately.
• To keep the environment of the campus clean and beautiful and for the sake of health and hygiene, every room should be properly neat and clean. Each resident student is responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of the room allotted to her.
• No visitors including father, brother, sister, and friend are allowed to enter or stay at the hostel at night. Under special circumstances, the student’s mother may enter the hostel with permission from the housekeeper, but staying for the night will not be allowed.
• Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) should be taken on schedule at the dining hall.
• Any sort of cooking is strongly prohibited inside the room or in any place in the hall. Electric stoves and room heaters are not allowed to be used.
• Hostel authorities cannot be held accountable for the loss of money, jewelry, or personal belongings of any student. Students are advised not to keep any cash/ jewelry or any valuable items in the room.
• Personal TV, fridge, and pets are strictly prohibited at the hostel.
• It is the duty of the students to keep their room, toilet, and bathroom neat and clean and to dispose of sanitary napkins, cotton, etc. in the dustbin.
• Discarding paper, wastage, shampoo, chocolate, and chips packet through the window is a punishable offense. Waste should be disposed into the dustbin.
• Engaging in any sort of activities like watching TV, talking, and singing out loud that disturbs others is strongly discouraged.
• Without the permission of the authority or housekeeper, students are not allowed to move/ interchange the furniture/ fixtures in their rooms to outside or another room.
• To spend the night outside of the hostel is absolutely prohibited. If someone is found guilty of doing so, her seat will be canceled without any notice.
• All the rules stated above may be altered, and new rules may be added according to the necessity of the institution.
* For Basic Nursing students
• Student guardians can only come to visit from 10 am to 5 pm on Fridays. Guardians will not be allowed to meet students without emergencies on any other day or time.
• Attested copies of guardians’ (biological father, mother, sister, or brother) photographs by the Nursing Unit Principal must be submitted during the enrollment process.
• If a student wants to visit home during vacation, designated guardians will pick them up from the hostel and drop them off when they return.
• No student will be allowed an outside pass. Guardians will come bearing the necessary supplies on Fridays.
• Keeping or usage of mobile phones is strictly prohibited within the hostel premises. If the mobile phone is found, it will be ceased with an additional fine of 20,000 takas.